[Catalyst-dev] website designs

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jan 22 09:27:53 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:34:29AM -0800, J. Shirley wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 2:29 AM, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:20:54PM -0700, Jay K wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > Following up on the discussion on #catalyst-dev.  I spoke with a
> > > designer friend of mine and we're going to get together tomorrow night
> > > and discuss over a few beers.
> >
> > There were already a number of proposed designs last time we went over
> > this.
> >

> Each with their own problems, making them difficult to properly use.
>

> > The problem isn't that we don't have a design.
> >

> The problem is that we don't have a design to put content, and it gets
> tiring to try to write content in a way that isn't displayed right because
> if you want to change the display... well, whoops, you're designing again.

I'd just write some content and then we can edit it down to fit into the
design later. Any fluid CSS design usually lets you have longer content
anyway. I thought that was rather the point.

> > The problem is we don't have a working mojomojo for the dev site and we
> > don't
> > have copy written for a new main site.
> >

> No, I have that setup and people are working on content.

So do an 'import' that just links any existing page to a /oldwiki URL we
can set up with an export of the trac HTML and lets roll it over. Then
everybody can play at porting trac pages easily.