[Catalyst-dev] Advent Calendar articles on the wiki?

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Tue Jan 29 17:44:56 GMT 2008

>From: Jonathan Rockway [mailto:jon at jrock.us]
>
>Hi all,
>
>I was looking at
>
>  http://catwiki.toeat.com/adventcalendararticles
>
>and was wondering what code we need to write to make MojoMojo understand
>POD, and then format the advent calendar stuff as a calendar.  The idea
>is for MojoMojo to manage the advent entries.  It would make fixing
>typos (and keeping the articles up-to-date) easier, it would make
>searching work better, etc.

I pondered this, too, and figured it was more useful to have the titles
in-line, so they could be searched or glanced over quickly, rather than have
them in calendar form. After all, the viewer can click on the real advent
calendar - I put a link in - if they want the excitement (?) of clicking on
the days. I'm sure it could be presented more nicely, so if you have any
ideas feel free to pretty it up. The markup options seem a bit limited, but
maybe that's to encourage substance over style <shrug />.

I figured having something up was a whole lot better than nothing at all, so
I started. It didn't take long to cut and paste the titles in.
But I like the idea of syncing the article titles. You could manage it from
MojoMojo, or do it the other way with a batch script that rips the titles
out of the POD files in the repo and automatically updates them in this
page.

For any potential volunteers, there are still quite a few pages left left to
port: http://catwiki.toeat.com/meta/tracpagestoport

Regards, Peter
http://perl.dragonstaff.co.uk