[Catalyst-dev] A suggestion(or question) about exception handling.

Chae Lee yuand2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:16:23 BST 2008

> Try again, please. I asked -how- it would help, not just for you to say "=
it
> would help" again.
>
> You talk about a nonexistant extension/feature and say it would be a good
> thing, but you've given no explanation of what such a feature/extension
> would actually -do-.
>
> How can we tell whether it would be useful to anybody else if the list of
> what it does only exists in your head? :)

I think Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema is the best example of Catalyst
extensions. (who wrote that?  :)

I want something like these for example: Catalyst::Exception::Error,
Catalyst::Exception::Class. This would be a scenario: I stick to one of the
exception glues, say Error.pm, and you use Exception::Class with the glue
Catalyst::Exception::Class, but you and I use same interface in any Catalyst
app without any touch on existing code.

By the way, I wonder this scenario is possible in current Catalyst.  ( I
actually need more time for Catalyst)

Ah, folks showed several ways. Thanks!