[Catalyst-dev] Moose + Catalyst port

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Sat Mar 15 15:43:31 GMT 2008

Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Guillermo Roditi wrote:
> =

>>>  One thing you'll need to do is look for uses of this sort of stuff in
>>>  plugins, which is what COMPONENT is used for, AFAICT. Same goes for
>>>  ACCEPT_CONTEXT.
>>
>> After 6 hours of hacking on this I am still so fucking lost. i guess i
>> just do not grok NEXT or something. I just can't explain to myself why
>> a class with no superclasses would ever call NEXT.
> =

> I think it does this because it may have _subclasses_.

Or, think of it another way. Instead of subclasses...aka stacking =

classes on top of each other... think composition...stacking classes =

beside each other in another class. Like plugins that don't sublasses =

anything, but get stuffed into something else. And NEXT just allows them =

to pass traffic along to the next guy, without knowing who the next guy =

really is.