[Catalyst-dev] Moose + Catalyst port

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 17:31:30 GMT 2008

>  > I think it does this because it may have _subclasses_.
>
>  Or, think of it another way. Instead of subclasses...aka stacking
>  classes on top of each other... think composition...stacking classes
>  beside each other in another class. Like plugins that don't sublasses
>  anything, but get stuffed into something else. And NEXT just allows them
>  to pass traffic along to the next guy, without knowing who the next guy
>  really is.

Ok, so I guess this question breaks down further.
Should I be using method modifiers or NEXT or next? I need a core dev
to really answer that. I thought we would be moving to method
modifiers, but that won't work just like that, mainly because I can't
use a method modifier unless another method already exists either in
the same file, a previously consumed role, or up the ISA hierarchy,
which means that there would be nothing on top for
&COMPONENT::COMPONENT to extend, hence the call would be a no-op.

Do I make sense?

I understand why it's being used, but won't it be unnecessary to have
this if Catalyst, C::M, C::V and C::C lose the MI?

--
Guillermo Roditi (groditi)