[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst test suite

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu May 29 06:39:30 BST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 04:55:29PM -0700, Yuri Shtil wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
> >On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 04:48:03PM -0700, Yuri Shtil wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I am contemplating to write a new Catalyst::Engine subclass.
> >>

> >What and what for? Maybe there are people on here who'd be interested in
> >helping.
> >
> >Also, if you give me an htpasswd line, I'll get you svn space set up so
> >it can live in the Catalyst repository.
> >

> First I apologize for top posting.
> Second I want to describe what I want to do.
>
> The current Catalyst runtime is not able to deal with event driven
> engines. An attempt was made to accommodate POE but it is not fully
> asynchronous.

It's asynchronous outside of the main Catalyst handler code, which is rather
all the engine is responsible for.

I experimented for a while with using coro to suspend/resume the main catalyst
execution (since then you could use something like PoCo::EasyDBI to
offload DBIC's database access so you don't block for that) but the client
ran out of funding and I've not had time to revisit it on my own time yet.

If you don't have the htpasswd program then please mail me a password in
plain text off-list. The repos are http only so you didn't want to use a
secure password anyway ...