[Catalyst-dev] Smoke tests - summary of things which don't work against 5.80

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Nov 19 23:13:51 GMT 2008

I've done a new smoke run with a pre-release version of rafl's
Class::C3::Adopt::NEXT added to HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES.

This has fixed:
Action::RenderView
Plugin::Authentication
Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class
Plugin::Static::Simple
Model::DBIC::Schema

and a few others.. rafl++

Remaining issues that I know about:

1) Class::Accessor::Fast compatibility methods for MX::Emulate::CAF
(needs a couple of small MOP refactorings - groditti)

2) Finish off docs & etc for Class::C3::Adopt::NEXT (rafl + I
volunteered to write some POD)

3) Common engine test failures - details in my original email that
this is a reply to. (Nobody?)

4) Catalyst-Plugin-Authorization-ACL - Can't locate object method
"tree" via package "Catalyst::Dispatcher" (Nobody?)

5) Anything which inherits from
Catalyst::Component::InstancePerContext (which is a Moose role) is
broken. This doesn't work any more (but used to). The example for
this case is Catalyst::Model::Akismet.

I also looked into Catalyst::Controller::WrapCGI, this works, but has
broken tests as it imports a 'meta' function into a controller..

Cheers
t0m