[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst plugin

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Oct 2 01:45:11 BST 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 10:15:47AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> And to be more clear what I want, is to create a static module that works outside of Catalyst app, and use that module in the Catalyst view, because I want to be able to use the same interface when sending mail from a cron job, so probabily the part of the module that uses a template should not use Catalyst but Template-Toolkit directly.
>
> So, in this case, don't you think it would be better to create another module?

As I said in another email, what I'd say is that you should -subclass-
C::V::Email or C::V::Email::Template, and if you can't do what you need via
subclassing, sort out patches to the existing stuff so you can subclass it.

Then the stuff you want is in your own module, but all the stuff the already
existing modules already do isn't duplicated.

Ain't OO awesome :)