[Catalyst-dev] subdomain hook for Catalyst::Test

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Wed Oct 8 19:40:52 BST 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Jason Gottshall wrote:
> No clubs here, but honestly the "subdomain" case is the original
> problem I was trying to solve. We use virtual subdomains to enable
> customer-specific behaviors, and they could be tacked on to any
> number of white-labeled base domains. My aim is to be able to
> modify only the subdomain value in a test, irrespective of the rest
> of base domain name.

I only skimmed most of the earlier stuff. I suppose there could
possibly be some dynamic configuration management based on the host.
It might have to be a plugin if it sits in the top of the request cycle.

Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigPerHost ...
# load configuration variables by the c->req->uri->host

Then in config (YAML style)

Plugin::ConfigPerHost:
   my.host.com: config stuff
   your.host.com:
        config_file: ...?

...or allow your.host.com.(conf|yml) to just work?

No idea if that's a good tack though.