[Catalyst-dev] nginx patch to Engine::FastCGI?

Ash Berlin ash_cpan at firemirror.com
Fri Oct 31 23:55:16 GMT 2008

On 31 Oct 2008, at 23:42, J. Shirley wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Ash Berlin
> <ash_cpan at firemirror.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 31 Oct 2008, at 19:52, J. Shirley wrote:
>>

>>> I'm not too worried about minor patches for upstream servers, as
>>> lighttpd requires a slight tweak to work properly with
>>> Engine::FastCGI
>>> too.
>>>

>> It does? As far as I'm aware i've not patched anything in cat to
>> get my app
>> running under lighty with fastcgi...
>>

> Look at Catalyst::Engine::FastCGI:
>        # If we're running under Lighttpd, swap PATH_INFO and
> SCRIPT_NAME
>        # http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2006-June/008361.html
>        # Thanks to Mark Blythe for this fix
>        if ( $env{SERVER_SOFTWARE} && $env{SERVER_SOFTWARE} =~ /
> lighttpd/ ) {
>            $env{PATH_INFO} ||= delete $env{SCRIPT_NAME};
>        }

Ah - the difference between requires and required. As in its already
in the server, and I took your message to mean further user
interaction was needed. So yeah, looks like we need something similar
for nginx. However I think the lighty solution doesn't need any
special config. (I could be wrong here as I've not attempted non-root
lighty+fcgi ever)

-ash