[Catalyst-dev] Dynamism in a static model

Ido Perelmutter ido50 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 15:33:17 GMT 2009

Hi everyone.

I am working on a Catalyst application that allows the end-user to add their own tables to the database (for the matter it is a CMS). The application creates the tables by using $c->model('DB')->storage->sth($sql) which is easy.

After creating tables, my application needs to recognize their existence and allow the end-user to populate them. While I could use Catalyst::Helper or manually create a (DBIx::Class) schema for every table created, these new schemas would not be recognized until the application is restarted.

This is bad, it makes my application useless. So my question is, is there a way for me to load the schemas I create while the application is running, instead of having to restart it, such that I can immediately start using them?

Thanks,
Ido Perelmutter.