[Catalyst-dev] RFC: Catalyst::Plugin::I18N::PathPrefix

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 21:59:48 GMT 2009

Hi,

In general this is great!  I really wished someone wrote this as a
CPAN module.  Just one note - in recent weeks I was working on
application/context split for Catalyst Runtime
(http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/Catalyst/browse/Catalyst-Runtime/5.80/branches/basic-app-ctx-separation-cleaned/).
 That branch now passes all (reasonable) tests and is only waiting for
a backcompat layer for plugins.  I think the plan is to merge it into
trunk as soon as this is done and after this is done plugins that add
methods to the context object will work through this additional
backcompat layer - thus making it much more complex.  So I think at
that point it would be reasonable to make it an Context role instead
of Plugin.

Cheers,
Zbigniew

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:32 PM, BUCHMULLER Norbert <norbi.lists at nix.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrapped up this hack from the Catalyst wiki as a Catalyst plugin:
> http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/wikicookbook/urlpathprefixing
>
> (I could not make this module a controller or request trait, as it not
> only massages the request object, but also relays the language
> information between the request object and the C:P::I18N part of the
> context object. Any better idea is welcome.)
>
> Can you have a look at it and comment (or tell me if it's plain wrong):
>
> http://github.com/mendel/Catalyst-Plugin-I18N-PathPrefix
>
> norbi

Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/