[Catalyst-dev] RFC: Catalyst::Plugin::I18N::PathPrefix

BUCHMULLER Norbert norbi.lists at nix.hu
Mon Dec 7 22:25:46 GMT 2009

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 22:59:48 +0100 Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:

> Just one note - in recent weeks I was working on
> application/context split for Catalyst Runtime
> (http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/Catalyst/browse/Catalyst-Runtime/5.80/branches/basic-app-ctx-separation-cleaned/).
>  That branch now passes all (reasonable) tests and is only waiting for
> a backcompat layer for plugins.  I think the plan is to merge it into
> trunk as soon as this is done and after this is done plugins that add
> methods to the context object will work through this additional
> backcompat layer - thus making it much more complex.  So I think at
> that point it would be reasonable to make it an Context role instead
> of Plugin.

Hi Zbigniew,

thanks for your feedback. I've heard about the app/ctxt split. I think
that it still makes sense to release it as a plugin for now (for the
benefit of 'legacy' installations); and once the app/ctxt split is merged
and released, I'll upload a Catalyst::TraitFor::Context::I18N::PathPrefix
and deprecate the plugin.

norbi