[Catalyst-dev] some features do not work in new version

Will Smith willbelair at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 15:24:31 GMT 2009

Hi,
My first application developed with catalyst was few years, and the version=
 is 5.7 . Recently I upgrade catalyst to 5.8 and working on a new applicati=
on. One thing that does not work in this new framework is the relationship =
among tables defined in /Schema/Result/xxx.pm. I'm not sure if I've read al=
l the newly updated document, if so, please kindly show point me to the doc=
s. What does not work is: in the old version, after I defined the relations=
hip has_many and belongs_to , I can do in the controller something like:=A0 =

my $role =3D $user->user_role->role->RoleName =

where $user is the result set from user table, and user_role, role are rela=
ted tables, and RoleName is a field in role table.
Now in this newest version, catalyst gave me an error saying that cannot de=
fine the method "RoleName" . =

I just wonder if this is not supported
 by catalyst or dbix anymore?

Thank you,
Will

      Instant message from any web browser! Try the new  Yahoo! Canada Mess=
enger for the Web BETA

Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new Yahoo! =
Mail: http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/newmail/overview2/