[Catalyst-dev] some features do not work in new version

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Jul 12 00:12:16 GMT 2009

On 10 Jul 2009, at 16:24, Will Smith wrote:

> Hi,
> My first application developed with catalyst was few years, and the
> version is 5.7 . Recently I upgrade catalyst to 5.8 and working on
> a new application. One thing that does not work in this new
> framework is the relationship among tables defined in /Schema/
> Result/xxx.pm. I'm not sure if I've read all the newly updated
> document, if so, please kindly show point me to the docs. What does
> not work is: in the old version, after I defined the relationship
> has_many and belongs_to , I can do in the controller something like:
> my $role = $user->user_role->role->RoleName
> where $user is the result set from user table, and user_role, role
> are related tables, and RoleName is a field in role table.
> Now in this newest version, catalyst gave me an error saying that
> cannot define the method "RoleName" .
> I just wonder if this is not supported by catalyst or dbix anymore?

This should still work as before, I think you're doing something
wrong somewhere, but I'm afraid there isn't enough information here
to help you.

As this is specifically a DBIx::Class problem, I'd suggest you mail
the DBIx::Class list and give them a full error message and the
schema and result classes concerned..

Cheers
t0m