[Catalyst-dev] RFC: new helper api

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 18:17:46 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Tomas Doran<bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

> On 18 Jun 2009, at 07:25, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
>>
>> Hmm - I was thinking that running the helpers directly in Perl gives you
>> more control, but maybe you are right and it is more pragmatic to just
>> execute them via shell.
>
> But, you're running script/myapp_create.pl Foo Bar anyway - no shell
> involved, and we can already change the behavior of that script?

I am using:

$helper->mk_app( $appname )  # this one works
$helper->mk_component (          # this one is where the problem is

i.e. I use the helper API.  Unfortunately this checks $FindBin::Bin -
so it can be only run by a script in the right place (and that place
does not exists before the app is created) or else it requires an ugly
hack.  What I would like to have is mk_component that would work
independently from where the binary is.

Cheers,
Zbigniew