[Catalyst-dev] ACCEPT_CONTEXT broken against latest Catalyst

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Jun 10 13:45:41 GMT 2009

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Building against Catalyst 5.80005 we're seeing,

Eeek, that's not great.

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/Catalyst/revision?rev=10394

This is the revision which breaks the tests over there.

Caelum is looking into this to fix the issue and get a test into core
Catalyst now.

Thanks for the bug report!

> What's the general feeling on ACCEPT_CONTEXT? The author seems to me
> to give a pretty dim view of using the module ("WARNING", "hack", etc)
> pushing InstancePerContext instead. Is ACCEPT_CONTEXT heading to
> deprecation or are there specific use cases where it's appropriate
> over I.P.C.?

 From today's #catalyst:
13:34 <@mst> sheriff: Component::ACCEPT_CONTEXT is still supported

Doc patches welcome ;)