[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst::Manual Questions For The Group

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Nov 19 09:54:13 GMT 2009

On 15 Nov 2009, at 14:48, hkclark at gmail.com wrote:
> 1) #47363: Remove References to Old/New Ways of Doing Things
> http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=47363
>
> I took a look at some of these but I wasn't sure if I should start
> changing things or not.  It seems that every time I don't cover
> variation people might run into if they aren't on the latest/
> recommended versions, then they get "stuck" and frustrated.  I agree
> that the "Note that if you are using version XX of XX you ..." stuff
> can be distracting, but it seems like a necessary evil (unless the
> issue is *really* old... I do try to eventually prune those out).
> Thoughts?

Agreed.

Whilst on this note, I just remembered - we changed the session plugin
configuration keys recently, this is now 'Plugin::Session' rather than
'session' - I guess that

> 2) #31164: Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook mod_perl configuration
> incorrect?
> http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=31164
>
> I'm not really a mod_perl user.  Can anyone confirm if these changes
> are correct?  Here is the patch:

The latter form will certainly work, and is what I tend to use.

> 3) #50953: missing information: action with various args numbers
<snip>
> Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Yes.

Cheers
t0m

P.S. Sorry, this fell in my draughts folder, just rescued it..