[Catalyst-dev] C::V::Email::Template email contents includes wrapper ...

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:17:18 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> wrote:
> That'd be great, thanks. For the more experienced folks this may seem
> obvious, but for beginners I can imagine it needs to be explained.
>
> Perhaps another option might be to create a completely new view, e.g.
> TTMail, one which is not configured with a WRAPPER, and then use that
> explicitly as the view rather than the default View => 'TT'.
>
> The use of IF page.wrapper == 'email' seems like a hack, but if it's the
> standard way then okay.

I don't view it as a hack, because I've found this to be very useful
in the main application for generating the email just via another view
call.

I also use this wrapper, and then other tweaks, for generating the
"Print Receipt" mechanism.

This is also in contrast with a "partial" wrapper, which doesn't
provide the email-friendly header/footer stuff.

If you don't need that, a second view is probably the easier way to do it.

-J