[Catalyst-dev] random .dll loading error when running fastCGI

Joseph He joseph.he.2008 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:07:57 GMT 2010

Hi, all,

I know this might be more like fastCGI or Apache problem instead of Catalyst
issue, but there are more experts in this list than anywhere else so I will
not be shy to ask you guys. I appologize if this is offending anyone here.

The story is here:

[Tue Sep 28 08:35:46 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] FastCGI: server
"C:..../test001.fcgi" stderr: install_driver(ODBC) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/ODBC/ODBC.dll' for module DBD::ODBC: load_file:A
dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm 230

The environment is Windows XP Pro, Apache 2.2.10, SQL Server 2005, FastCGI
and Perl 5.5.8.

When this error appears, refreshing the page or whatever cannot solve this
problem while other pages are still fine. When refreshing, I can see the
server generates the same log again but seems the server can never load this
particular script successfully. After restarting server, it might happen to
other scripts once in a while, which makes debugging is impossible to me.

Very appreciate if anyone can share some experience or point me to some
direction.

Joe