[Catalyst-dev] Google Summer of Code projects

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 15:45:03 GMT 2012

Dear=A0Christiaan,

Awesome, I know we are prepping something but I am not currently involved i=
n GSoC stuff yet. =A0I think there's a website but I will also try to find =
out if there is an 'in charge' person to speak with.

Johnn

>________________________________

    prefer to do something with Perl. =

>A little about myself:
>
>I'm a 24 years old first years Computer Science student. I've worked
    full time for a little over 4 years for what was mainly a PHP shop,
    but managed to get some Perl in there as well. The last 3 years I
    worked there I was running the show alone. My colleague had left for
    a career change and he never got replaced.

>In my time there I've done a few things with Perl. Mainly some
    server scripts but also a small Catalyst webservice and a small but
    useful Wx Widgets project (it scans a PDF, strips invoices and mails
    them to the belonging customer).

>I also maintain a couple of CPAN modules (PAUSE handle is CKRAS).
    I've done also done a mid-sized project in Catalyst called Maximus
    (http://maximus.htbaa.com) which is a CPAN kind of toolkit for
    BlitzMax.

>Going through the list of projects on
    =

    http://wiki.enlightenedperl.org/gsoc2012/ideas
    one thing that caught my attention was this:

>Refactor how configuration loading is done. Currently it requires the full=
 application to be loaded, which makes it impossible to use the normal conf=
iguration tools in, for example, scripts that are supposed to spin up an ap=
plication.
It's actually something I've run in against with Maximus and other work rel=
ated Catalyst stuff. I'm aware that last years GSoC had a Bread::Board inte=
gration project for Catalyst. How did this end up?

>I might be interested in picking this one up for this years GSoC.
    But would also like to know if there are other projects available.

>-- =

Christiaan Kras
http://blog.htbaa.com