[Catalyst-dev] ANNOUNCE: Catalyst Monthly

Drew Taylor drew at drewtaylor.com
Wed Feb 29 12:23:41 GMT 2012

Thank you for putting this out! At work I'm dealing with a custom ORM
for legacy code and limited use of DBIC where possible in newer code,
which system of course has very, very few tests. I'm trying to improve
the meagre test suite, but my efforts so far for manually creating
fixture data are too brittle for a long term solution.

And of course new $job uses Mysql, where old $job used Postgresql.
I've looked briefly at things like MySQL::Sandbox [1] and
Test::DataLoader::MySQL [2] but I'm not quite sure what the best
practice is with Mysql. Any tips or future articles on this topic
would certainly be very useful to me. Being able to quickly bring up a
database, which can be wiped and populated at will, for a specific .t
file would be all kinds of useful.

Thanks,
Drew

[1] https://metacpan.org/module/MySQL::Sandbox