[Catalyst-dev] testing list status

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 21:09:31 GMT 2012

So....

Is it just the three of us listening?

I'm only asking because there was a conversation on #catalyst-dev as to the=
 ongoing value of this mailing list.=A0 Right now there's only a small numb=
er of people actually hacking on Catalyst and a small group doing developme=
nt related activities. =A0 Its not clear to me that the value of having thi=
s list as a communication channel is outweighed by the potential confusion =
that such a low traffic and seemingly ignore mailing list can bring.

I myself only have a certain amount of time per week to give to Catalyst (m=
y company doesn't even use it and I haven't been paid to do Catalyst stuff =
for years).=A0 Although announcing stuff only takes a few minutes, maybe wo=
uld be better to spend that time doing something else?

Also, more people seem to tune into the regular list and given that that li=
st is also somewhat low traffic (on a good day we get 3 or 4 posts lately) =
perhaps it would be better for us to just use that?=A0 It would at least ha=
ve the upside of helping people that read the mailing list understand what =
the roadmap is (something people said they didn't understand on the recent =
poll).

Thoughts?

jnap

web framework <catalyst-dev at lists.scsys.co.uk> =