[Catalyst-dev] testing list status

Robert Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Mon Sep 10 22:22:50 GMT 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 14:09 -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Is it just the three of us listening?

Nope :)

> Also, more people seem to tune into the regular list and given that
> that list is also somewhat low traffic (on a good day we get 3 or 4
> posts lately) perhaps it would be better for us to just use that?  It
> would at least have the upside of helping people that read the mailing
> list understand what the roadmap is (something people said they didn't
> understand on the recent poll).

I'd think it depends on future plans. Is it planned/wanted to get more
dialog on the mailing lists, or will it stay predominantly on IRC? If
the latter, I'd say a move to the main list with a broader audience is a
good idea. It might turn some people off if large development related
discussions would happen on the main list. On the other hand, it might
get people to become more involved.

So I'd say a move is probably better from my point of view.

Concerning what to do, I'd propose closing the list (however that would
work) and changing the Wiki/documentation links to point to the
archives.

regards,
--
Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek