[Catalyst-dev] testing list status

Matthias Dietrich mdietrich at cpan.org
Mon Sep 10 22:19:53 GMT 2012

Hey,

I'm also listening to this list and I'm glad it exists and is used more in the recent weeks to announce stuff. I don't have much time to hang around in IRC and if I do I rarely can catch up with what is written there (it's too much for me beside regular work). So for me without the list (or with an unused list) things would just happen and I would/may notice afterwards. My hope was that this list will get more attention so it's being used for announcements and statements, like roadmaps etc.

But... For me personally it's often hard to decide which mailing list to subscribe to, since libs are for devs so why should I subscribe to the "user mailing list"? So at the beginning I subscribed to both mailing lists and eventually contributed a little bit to Catalyst. So from my perspective every Catalyst user can become a Catalyst contributor. I think you agree. And for every Catalyst user it may be very interesting to know where Catalyst is heading to, right? So I think using the channel to discuss stuff and using the mailing list to announce stuff, not only releases but also things happening with the roadmap etc., would be a benefit for all "users".

My thoughts...

Matthias

--

Sent from my iPhone so expect spelling errors and stuff.

rainboxx Matthias Dietrich
Freelance Software Engineer

rainboxx
Ossietzkystr. 4