[Catalyst-dev] testing list status

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Mon Sep 10 23:25:34 GMT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 02:09:31PM -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> So....
>
> Is it just the three of us listening?

I'm listening too....

> I'm only asking because there was a conversation on #catalyst-dev as
> to the ongoing value of this mailing list.  Right now there's only a
> small number of people actually hacking on Catalyst and a small group
> doing development related activities.   Its not clear to me that the
> value of having this list as a communication channel is outweighed by
> the potential confusion that such a low traffic and seemingly ignore
> mailing list can bring.

As has been said, if the bulk of dev-related discussion is happening on
IRC, then it would make sense to close this list and use the regular
Catayst list when there are dev things to go over.

Personally, I'd prefer seeing more dev discusion on the dev mailing
list, because I just prefer using e-mail to IRC for "serious"
discussions that I might need to think about, refer to in the future,
etc.

This is all with the caveat that I am not really doing any dev work
myself lately.

Jesse