[Catalyst-dev] Re: When will Catalyst reach 6.0?

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Tue Dec 17 01:57:50 GMT 2013

On 2013.12.16 8:37 AM, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Alternatively we could just to Catalyst 7 for the 'new code direction' and cut a
> Catalyst 6 from the 5.9 series.  that way would could fix whatever is perceived
> as problematic with versioning for both legacy and new Catalyst.

That is exactly what I propose.  Have Catalyst 6.0 be the version number for the
release that would otherwise be a 5.90xxxx and not have any other changes for
the sake of the version number.  Then what to number subsequent releases is then
the only discussion point in that context, but 6.x would be for things that
would otherwise have been 5.90x, and later 7.x can be used when you have more
major changes. -- Darren Duncan