[Catalyst-dev] Re: When will Catalyst reach 6.0?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 02:12:40 GMT 2013

On Monday, December 16, 2013 7:58 PM, Darren Duncan <darren at darrenduncan.ne=
t> wrote:
 =

On 2013.12.16 8:37 AM, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Alternatively we could just to Catalyst 7 for the 'new code direction' an=
d cut a
> Catalyst 6 from the 5.9 series.=A0 that way would could fix whatever is p=
erceived
> as problematic with versioning for both legacy and new Catalyst.

That is exactly what I propose.=A0 Have Catalyst 6.0 be the version number =
for the =

release that would otherwise be a 5.90xxxx and not have any other changes f=
or =

the sake of the version number.=A0 Then what to number subsequent releases =
is then =

the only discussion point in that context, but 6.x would be for things that =

would otherwise have been 5.90x, and later 7.x can be used when you have mo=
re =

major changes. -- Darren Duncan

--
Ok, like I said, I'm open to it, if people feel strongly about it. =A0Howev=
er I'd like to find out what it buys us. =A0Like, I'd imagine the next thre=

5.90060
5.90070
5.90080

What would we propose they be instead? =A0And how is it better (its been sa=
id the current system is broken in a way that cause trouble.)

john