[Catalyst] SVN++ back online on new IP.

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 13:04:09 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 07:40:27AM +1000, Gary Ashton-Jones wrote:
> Congratulations on such speedy transfer and recovery. Trunk is happily
> downloading as I write this. Great work!

I don't know if this is intended, or an omission, but I know it's caused
some problems with up picking up the new DNS:

chisel at thea chisel $ host -t ns maypole.perl.org
maypole.perl.org name server kain.o3.no.
maypole.perl.org name server niobe.o3.no.

** INCORRECT RESPONSE **
chisel at thea chisel $ host maypole.perl.org niobe.o3.no
Using domain server:
Name: niobe.o3.no
Address: 213.225.123.15#53
Aliases:

maypole.perl.org has address 212.12.42.196

** CORRECT RESPONSE **
chisel at thea chisel $ host maypole.perl.org kain.o3.no
Using domain server:
Name: kain.o3.no
Address: 217.68.105.104#53
Aliases:

maypole.perl.org has address 213.238.32.74

Surely both nameservers should be returning the same (new) IP address?
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

"This is not the greatest sig in the world, no, this is just a tribute."