[Catalyst] reply-to

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 18:53:15 CEST 2005

I know this is usually an emotive issue, but is there a reason why the
mailing list doesn't set the Reply-To back to the list?

Quite often I get personal replies to messages posted to the list, and
I'm not certain that this was intended.

I realise that the Mail-Followup-To header is set, but as far as I'm
aware this header isn't a standard, and numerous clients just ignore it.

Thankfully I can enable this for mutt
[http://larve.net/people/hugo/2000/07/ml-mutt], but it seems to be
biting a few people in the ass.

I wonder if list traffic would be higher, and more informative - i.e.
seeing answers to questions, instead of (often) just the question - if
this change was made.

Just a thought,

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

"This is not the greatest sig in the world, no, this is just a tribute."