[Catalyst] Branding - or path prefix

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Aug 1 17:52:42 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 07:49:52AM -0500, Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:
> Why not do branding with the domain name portion and/or store the style
> type in the session stash?

Branding, themes, cookie-less sessions, and language selection were
examples of application of path prefixes.  I'm not trying to solve
those specific problems, rather how in catalyst I can use path
prefixes for whatever use.

IIRC, what I've done in the past is use a PerlTransHandler and look at
the path and shift a segment off if it's a valid prefix (for any
number of levels of prefixes).  Then set pnotes and $ENV to the full
path for creating self-referential links that include the prefix(es)
but dispatch works as if the prefixes didn't exist.

When I get a chance I'll look at what phaylon suggested with
prepare_request.  Have to figure out what that means, first. ;)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org