[Catalyst] Bing!

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Wed Aug 10 21:27:00 CEST 2005

In a moment of weakness this afternoon I installed Catalyst 5.33 and
started to tinker. Now I understand the excitement surrounding Catalyst.

Having done web development on other platforms and on other tools where
the seperation of  code/content/style is well achieved (like
AxKit/Taglibs/XSP/CSS) a serious lightbulb goes off when my
URL/Controller sub (/products/sku123/) doesn't have to be anything
related to my view (partview.tt). Wow.

I was a little worried at first looking at the amount of directores
there are in the layout of a new Catalyst app, but once you start
cooking, development is a breeze. What do you know, making a web app is
fun again. :-)

Congrats to the Catalyst team!

-=Chris