[Catalyst] Bing!

David Storrs dstorrs at dstorrs.com
Wed Aug 10 21:55:45 CEST 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 3:27 PM, Christopher H. Laco wrote:

> In a moment of weakness this afternoon I installed Catalyst 5.33
> and started to tinker. Now I understand the excitement surrounding
> Catalyst.
>
> Having done web development on other platforms and on other tools
> where the seperation of  code/content/style is well achieved (like
> AxKit/Taglibs/XSP/CSS) a serious lightbulb goes off when my URL/
> Controller sub (/products/sku123/) doesn't have to be anything
> related to my view (partview.tt). Wow.
>
> I was a little worried at first looking at the amount of directores
> there are in the layout of a new Catalyst app, but once you start
> cooking, development is a breeze. What do you know, making a web
> app is fun again. :-)
>
> Congrats to the Catalyst team!
>
> -=Chris

Hi Chris,

New user myself, still learning.  You say that you've done webdev on
other platforms "where the seperation of  code/content/style is well
achieved", and then you later say that "making a web app is fun
again"--the implication is that it had ceased to be fun on those
other platforms?  Why is that?  What are the things you especially
like about Catalyst?  I ask because I'm looking for specific talking
points as I try to sell Cat to my clients.

--Dks