[Catalyst] Bing!

Luis Campos de Carvalho monsieur_champs at yahoo.com.br
Thu Aug 11 03:46:22 CEST 2005

Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 16:17 -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
>>Catalyst provides that seperation in the controllers you write without
>>any extra hocus pocus needed elsewhere. The other factor is the the View
>>in Catalyst is more seperated from the Model than most platforms.
>

> This is the major benefit of using an MVC-based system.  Any page-based
> system will be much tighter coupled between the model and view.
>
> I'm pretty sure you could have done this with AxKit if you had used it
> differently, but I'm not an AxKit user so I can't offer specifics.

   Uh? It seems that I'm doing something kinda wrong, since I'm
registering my Model methods as Local and pointing url's to them...
Shall I always write Controller methods to handle my urls, never
relaying on the Catalyst Dispatcher for this job?

   Thanks!
   Luis Campos de Carvalho is BsC in Computer Science,
   Certified Oracle DBA, UNIX and Linux lover, Perl
   Fanatic and Leader of the Sao Paulo Perl Mongers
   http://br.geocities.com/monsieur_champs/