[Catalyst] Bing!

Jose Nyimi josenyimi at skynet.be
Sun Aug 14 23:37:52 CEST 2005

Have a look to what Java world thinks about RoR ;)
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=35202#177947

Some copy paste from the discussion:

* "Ruby is a mess. Not as bad as Perl/CPAN though ..."

* "Does Ruby on Rails have something analogous to web components (like
Tapestry or JSF)?
I think they consider a database table to be a web component ;)"

* Rails is extremely simplistic. This is of course also its greatest
strength. If you just look at the web part then you can compare that
mostly to raw servlets. There is no workflow framework, no good
validation (see below), no automatic conversion of input data to objects
like Spring does, etc. For me that is always pretty dissapointing
because I feel like I'm 10 years back in time. When I work in Rails I
always have this 'lets put a nice framework on top of this to make
things easier' feelingThat was common to do in the early 90s when we all
did that in our Perl/PHP/Java frameworks

Rdgs,
José.