[Catalyst] A different approach to static content

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Tue Aug 16 20:40:17 CEST 2005

Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> I guess that's what bugs me. Today it's /static, tomorrow it's /images,
> and next week it's /downloads and maybe it needs to be under / and not
> /myapp.

I don't think it's too much to ask that your content guys be forced to
keep everything under a /static directory.  This keeps your Apache
config very simple.

The DECLINED method is interesting, I'll take a look at how this can be
done with the Static::Simple module.  As others have mentioned though,
you'll take a performance hit with this method as you're still going
into Cat to handle the files.

-Andy