[Catalyst] File downloads - Plugin?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Aug 18 17:32:32 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 03:55:51PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 02:55:58PM +0100, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> > Ah, the thing is, I'd like to continue to use Catalyst for the authentication
> > and session management in regards to retrieving these files - plus there is
> > metadata associated with the files-in-database that is accessed/modified when
> > you go to download the file.
> >
> > It'd just be.. nice.. if I could do it thru Catalyst.
>
> What you *could* do is mirror them to disk and then use the latest version
> of AndyG's Static::Simple plugin, which under mod_perl will return DECLINED
> - at which point apache will serve them, but you still go through Catalyst
> in the process.

Hmm, so upon the request I dump the blob to a temporary disk file, then do
a redirect? yeah, that could work.. Is there any danger of the user being able
to manually specify a different filename and accessing the other users' data?

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world