[Catalyst] File downloads - Plugin?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Aug 18 16:55:51 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 02:55:58PM +0100, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Ah, the thing is, I'd like to continue to use Catalyst for the authentication
> and session management in regards to retrieving these files - plus there is
> metadata associated with the files-in-database that is accessed/modified when
> you go to download the file.
>
> It'd just be.. nice.. if I could do it thru Catalyst.

What you *could* do is mirror them to disk and then use the latest version
of AndyG's Static::Simple plugin, which under mod_perl will return DECLINED
- at which point apache will serve them, but you still go through Catalyst
in the process.

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk