[Catalyst] Catalyst mod_perl2 stability?

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Fri Aug 19 19:08:34 CEST 2005

Nate Jones wrote:
> First of all, Catalyst is a great framework.  Thanks to the team for
> creating it and letting the rest of us benefit.
>
> Ok, now for my question.  I am a little leery of the following line from
> Catalyst.pm's perldoc:
>
>   mod_perl2 support is considered experimental and may contain bugs.

I'm pretty sure the experimental tag only applies because of the issues
related to libapreq2, which doesn't yet have a stable release.

Note that Catalyst runs fine even without libapreq.  It will fall back
to using CGI.pm (and soon HTTP::Body) to handle uploads and params.  I
am personally running a MP 2.0.1 server on win32, and not using
libapreq2.  It has been running fine, although I am not using any form
uploads in this app.

-Andy