[Catalyst] Meios: A Catalyst Photo Gallery Example

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Aug 19 21:18:34 CEST 2005

Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR wrote:
[snip]
> - WebDAV-based uploading. This may have to be done outside Catalyst with a
> "connector". This would allow people to do bulk uploading by simply dragging
> and dropping photos to their "Web Folder" for photos. Most digital camera
> software can automatically transfer your pictures to a folder--I imagine
> someone putting their camera on a dock, pushing the button, and voila, they
> see their new files in the gallery. What could be easier than that?
>
> - AJAX-based metadata entry. While you're viewing the pictures, you can edit
> the captions/tags right there without leaving the page.

Yeah, a good reason to learn AJAX in Catalyst finally. (Got I hate the
title AJAX and the hype. Who DIDN'T to javascript remote stuff like this
5 years ago and it was just called something else?)

> - Email uploading. This makes it convenient to upload a picture from your
> mobile phone. As with WebDAV, this will have to be a connector.
>
> - WAP browsing interface for gallery access from your phone.

Indeed. I'm hopinh this can be nothing more than getting the CSS in
order; maybe a little trmplate tweaks to detect those WAP browser that
completely ignore @media: handheld

> P.S. What's Meios mean?

Since I suck ad naming projects, I hit the google translator.

Meios i believe is Portugese for media.

P.S. Handel is German for commerce. Noticing a pattern. :-)

-=Chris