[Catalyst] Meios: A Catalyst Photo Gallery Example

phaylon phaylon at dunkelheit.at
Mon Aug 22 12:16:43 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, den 19.08.2005, 15:57 -0400 schrieb Christopher H. Laco:

> :-) How easy is it to put AJAX into any existing non-AJAX CatApp?
> Or, how well does the AJAX output downgrade to non-js browsers?

I'd go for the First-Non-JS approach. As said, it's easy to turn, for
example, a <ul> into a drag and drop sortable list without really
modifiing them. The hardest change I did was adding id="name_[% x.id
%]"'s. Though I have only experience with Sortables and In-Place-Edit's,
where only the editform of an element has to change.

I don't know if HTML::Prototype allows to set the <a href="#"..> default
to a fallback that makes more sense when JS/DOM is not enabled, but even
if not, I'd guess that's patched rather fast.

http://www.dunkelheit.at/
They wail and weep, the march of the sheep,
  As they go to the cross on the wall.
And it's ever so wrong to dare to be strong,      -- Sol Invictus
  So kneel to the cross on the wall.          "Kneel To The Cross"