[Catalyst] Handel Demo

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Sun Aug 28 17:33:20 CEST 2005

Here's where I stand on this. After some discussion on IRC, I was
pointed to various things like Scaffold and Protoype. I asked a lot of
questions and eventually got mt beirings.

Protoype works as a base helper:

	create.pl Prototype

while Scaffold is under the controller umbrella:

	create.pl controller Scaffold

I came to the [possibly unpopular] conclusion that I wanted
Handel::Scaffold to be a base helper since it creates more than just a
controller. I also reasonsed that Scaffold really shouldn't be under
controller either because it creates a controller AND view particles.

After hacking around yesterday, I have:

	create.pl Handel::Scaffold

This creates:

	::C::Cart
	::M::Cart
	root/view.tt

it currently views, adds, updates, deletes, emptyies/clears the cart.

I need to the the same for checkout.

I'm also contimplating having the scaffold create a default viw to go
along with the templates, and use it in cart::end so the
Handel::Scaffold really is self contained and Just Works, aside from
created the db.

When it's all said and done, there's still the issue of
style/images/look/feel.  I get the feeling that scaffolds are starter
code kits, not finished things, so I'm unsure if I should style anything
or what to do with images.

-=Chris