[Catalyst] DBIC and RDBO compared (was: Choosing the right ORM)

Kaare Rasmussen kaare at jasonic.dk
Fri Dec 2 06:55:00 CET 2005

> specific extensions like the Oracle tree stuff.  With Class::DBI, you

Just a side note. The Oracle CONNECT BY is non standard, but there is a SQL
conformant tree syntax. PostgreSQL is working on it and it will show up in
psql 8.2, I guess. Other DB's might incude it later. I think that DB2 has it
already, but it's not on DBIC's target list.

> can write some hairy SQL query and let it do all the drudge work to turn
> the resulting rows into objects.  This is a key feature for me.

I have a rather convoluted query builder for a system specific report writer.
I'll give rewriting it in DBIC a shot. I expect it to slow to a crawl if I
ever finish converting it, but hope to be surprised :-)

--

Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic                 Telefon: +45 3816 2582
Nordre Fasanvej 12
2000 Frederiksberg      Email: kaare at jasonic.dk