[Catalyst] DBIC and RDBO compared (was: Choosing the right ORM)

Kaare Rasmussen kaare at jasonic.dk
Fri Dec 2 05:04:59 CET 2005

> for thought is SELECTing things other than raw column data, using the
> RDBMS builtin functions or user-supplied stored procedures, either of

Don't know if it's a problem for any of the ORM's but some functions work
without any table.

SELECT now();
SELECT 3*sqrt(5); -- I misplaced my calculator

are perfectly valid PostgreSQL statements. Oracle has a strange 'dual' table
for things like this, but it shouldn't be necessary in modern database
systems.

--

Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic                 Telefon: +45 3816 2582
Nordre Fasanvej 12
2000 Frederiksberg      Email: kaare at jasonic.dk