[Catalyst] Catalyst + Ajax

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 22:02:24 CET 2005

On 12/2/05, Andreas Marienborg <omega at palle.net> wrote:
> The things I use it for, is DnD deletion of files for instance
> DnD moving of stuff
> cause the catalyst-action you do, can do stuff, like adding a user to
> a blog (ref Agave), deleting a row in a table, adding a tag, removing
> a tag.
>
> Theres plenty of stuff that can be done, but if you want any of it to
> do anything to the UI, the onDrop is probably the right place to do
> it (thats where I do element.remove when I use it for dnd deletion
> for instance).

Also, don't forget basic REST type of stuff, especially in AJAX calls.
 If the call results in the modification of data on the server side
(update/insert/delete of a Model class for example), it should use
http method POST (which is the default for Prototype's Ajax.Request
and Ajax.Updater, thankfully), whereas if it is a readonly operation,
it should use GET ( { method: 'get' } in the Ajax.Request/Updater
options)

-- Brandon