[Catalyst] Catalyst + Ajax

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Mon Dec 5 12:21:44 CET 2005

* Hartmaier Alexander <Alexander.Hartmaier at t-systems.at> [2005-12-05 11:35]:
> May i ask where this rule comes from?

Oh, just the RFC that specifies HTTP, maybe?

http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.html#sec-9.1

Break this assumption at your own peril. Data loss and security
holes lie that way.

----
Parenthetical:

  Since this is often misunderstood, note that “SHOULD NOT” does
  not mean “well, we don’t know if it’s a good idea, but uhm,
  think about whether you want to, pretty please,” it is
  well-defined lingo, specified in RFC 2119:

  > SHOULD: This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that
  > there may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances to
  > ignore a particular item, but the full implications must be
  > understood and carefully weighed before choosing a different
  > course.

  In other words, “SHOULD NOT” means “ONLY IF YOU ARE AWARE THAT
  INTEROPERABILITY IS ENDANGERED AND ARE WILLING TO RISK BROKEN
  INTERACTIONS.”

Regards,