[Catalyst] Catalyst + Ajax

Johan Lindström johanl at DarSerMan.com
Mon Dec 5 12:23:54 CET 2005

At 11:26 2005-12-05, Hartmaier Alexander wrote:
> > Also, don't forget basic REST type of stuff, especially in AJAX
> > calls. If the call results in the modification of data on the
> > server side (update/insert/delete of a Model class for
> > example), it should use http method POST
>
>That’s bare-bones HTTP, not REST. No web application should
>*ever* violate this rule; ignore it at your own peril.
>
>May i ask where this rule comes from?

In the HTTP RFC I think. I also think it is phrased as "should", not
"must", but I'm not sure and I don't have the time to do the research right
now.

Here's a repost from when we last discussed this:

-----
But isn't this (using GET requests for destructive actions) the same issue
that the Rails guys encountered with the Google Web Accelerator and the
shit storm that ended up with?

For example:
http://www.loudthinking.com/arc/000454.html
http://www.loudthinking.com/arc/000455.html