[Catalyst] [RFC] Catalyst advent calendar

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at nald.ca
Mon Dec 5 15:43:10 CET 2005

(Yeah, it's a little late, I know, but...)

Only realizing today that there is no Perl Advent Calendar [1] for 2005, it
came to me that we could probably whip up something for a 25-day Catalyst
advent calendar tutorial-esque type-thing.

The concept is two fold -- (1) create a nice step-by-step approach to
creating an app, whilst (2) highlighting some useful Catalyst plugins (and
apps?).

Unfortunately, since we're a little late, there is some urgency in creating
the first 5 days worth of material (well, we should probably do 6 days
worth, since we should be 1 day ahead).

So, I'm going to throw the idea out there and hopefully some people will
step forward and fill in the blanks and get the ball rolling.

1) Getting Catalyst Installed
2) Controllers and Path Handling
3) Views (TT)
4) Models (DBIC)
5) External Configuration
6) Static::Simple
7) Testing
8) DefaultEnd
9) SubRequest
10) Auto-complete
11) More Ajax
12) Sessions
13) FormValidator / FillInForm
14) Caching
15) Uploads
16) Authentication
17)
18)
19)
20) I18N / Unicode
21) XMLRPC, AtomPP and SRU
22) Handel
23) MighTyV
24)
25)

* Note the placement and naming of the above is pretty much random at the
point. :)

Anyway, there are some blanks, and things could probably be adjusted in a
more logical manner -- any ideas would be great!

-Brian Cassidy (LTjake)

[1] http://www.perladvent.org/