[Catalyst] [RFC] Catalyst advent calendar

Johan Lindström johanl at DarSerMan.com
Mon Dec 5 16:30:09 CET 2005

At 15:43 2005-12-05, Brian Cassidy wrote:
>Only realizing today that there is no Perl Advent Calendar [1] for 2005, it
>came to me that we could probably whip up something for a 25-day Catalyst
>advent calendar tutorial-esque type-thing.

I think this is a great idea!

>Unfortunately, since we're a little late, there is some urgency in creating
>the first 5 days worth of material (well, we should probably do 6 days
>worth, since we should be 1 day ahead).

I think we should just accept the fact that we're late and start with entry
1 on the day we're ready to go live. If we have more ideas later on we can
shift the entries back towards Dec 1.

>So, I'm going to throw the idea out there and hopefully some people will
>step forward and fill in the blanks and get the ball rolling.

(You've mentioned some of these already)

* Modules
Catalyst::View::Mason
Catalyst::View::HTML::Template
Catalyst::View::GraphViz
Catalyst::View::REST
Catalyst::Enzyme
Catalyst::Plugin::Dumper (or document the _dump method)

* Testing (with Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst)

* Authentication can probably be many entries, from the simple to the complex.

/J