[Catalyst] REDIRECT_URL support

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:32:16 CET 2005

On 02/12/05, Andy Grundman <andy at hybridized.org> wrote:
> Thanks.  For testing, we just need a set of Apache config directives
> which run the TestApp using a RewriteRule.  I couldn't get it to work
> the other day when I tried to set it up, so I removed the patch.  See
> t/conf/extra.conf.in and t/optional_apache-cgi.pl for the current CGI
> test setup.
>
> If you can send your working config I can take it from there.

The relevant excerpts from my httpd.conf are:

DocumentRoot "d:/apache/www"

<Directory "d:/apache/www/fig">
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule (.*) /cgi-bin/fig_cgi.pl/$1
</Directory>

As you can see, the catalyst application is only served from the 'fig'
sub-directory of the website root.

Here is an example of 2 url's and the relevant ENV settings which are
set for fig_cgi.pl :

http://localhost/fig/
'REDIRECT_URL' => '/fig/'
'PATH_INFO' => '/',

http://localhost/fig/bar/
'REDIRECT_URL' => '/fig/bar',
'PATH_INFO' => '/bar',

The patch uses REDIRECT_URL, stripping PATH_INFO off the end, which in
both cases leaves $base_path as '/foo'

And just to clarify - I'm know there's already documented ways to
achieve my aims which already work, however I have to use the
RewriteRule method because I don't have permissions to use Alias or
ScriptAlias in my .htaccess files.

Cheers,
Carl